When thinking of ways to improve your e-commerce business, it’s important to remember that modern customers are seeking sustainable options. With the demand for sustainable packaging and products increasing, you can widen your customer base by choosing sustainable options.
What do you need to know about sustainable packaging before switching?
Keep reading as we explore sustainable packaging, what you need to know, and where to find sustainable packaging for your e-commerce business. The Packaging Company is driving the future of sustainable packaging design, and our industry experience equips us to handle any requirements.
What Is Sustainable Packaging?
Sustainable packaging is any packaging that considers the whole lifespan of the product and its effect on the environment. Here are some of the factors that make a packaging product sustainable:
- Raw materials – where the raw materials of a product are sourced plays an important role in their sustainability. For instance, raw materials that have been recycled might be considered sustainable.
- Manufacturing processes – if a company takes steps to cut the carbon footprint of manufacturing processes, this will make a product more sustainable. For instance, they may reduce the heat required in the manufacturing process or the amount of raw materials used.
- Design – a product is sustainable if steps have been taken to reduce the thickness of the materials and thus the amount of raw materials necessary to create it.
- Recyclability – creating a product is only half of the sustainability equation. How the product will be disposed of is an important element in how sustainable the product is.
These elements combined contribute to how sustainable a product is, and all should be considered when designing and creating sustainable packaging.
Things You Should Know About Sustainable Packaging
Before weighing up your sustainable packaging options, it’s important to understand a few key facts about sustainable packaging options.
It’s Not Just About Recyclability
When considering the sustainability of a product, you need to think about its lifecycle from start to finish. Just because a product is recyclable or made from recycled materials doesn’t necessarily mean it is sustainable. There could be lengthy manufacturing processes involved in production, resulting in carbon emissions.
It Doesn’t Have To Be Boring
Many think sustainable products and packaging are unappealing, plain, and boring. However, they don’t have to be. Many companies offer sustainable and customizable packaging solutions – ensuring your packaging reflects your branding and create a strong impression on your customers.
It Isn’t Expensive
Many people think that sustainable packaging is expensive. However, many sustainable products are designed to use fewer raw materials, which means they can be more cost-effective in the long term.
It Improves Your Brand Image
If you want to create the image that your brand is contributing positively to the world, sustainable packaging is the best route to take. It is a simple change that can do wonders for your brand image and attract a wider range of customers seeking sustainable e-commerce solutions.
Where To Find Sustainable Packaging For Your E-Commerce Store
If you want to find sustainable packaging for your e-commerce store, you can find it with a simple online search. However, there are some considerations you should make when choosing sustainable packaging options for your company. Not all sustainable packaging solutions are created equal, and there are some indicators of a reliable packaging provider:
- Industry experience – choosing a packaging provider backed by industry experience is best. This indicates they have experience working with projects of all scales and scopes, meaning they will be more equipped to handle your specific needs.
- Custom options – your e-commerce store, your products, and your brand vision are unique. Any packaging provider you choose should recognize this, offering custom options, the ability to incorporate your logo and branding, and the ability to change the colour of your packaging.
- Positive reviews – before selecting a packaging provider, it’s a good idea to check out their reviews section. You need to know that they have experience working with companies in your field and that their existing customers are satisfied with their services.
If you find all of these qualities in a packaging provider, they will likely be the best choice for your brand.
Choose The Packaging Company For Sustainable Packaging Supplies
When seeking sustainable packaging supplies, it’s important to understand what sustainability really means. It’s not just about how recyclable a product is – it’s about the carbon footprint of all processes involved in its lifecycle. In understanding this, you can more effectively evaluate your options for sustainable packaging supplies.
Choose The Packaging Company for custom sustainable packaging supplies. Shop our range of sustainable and eco-friendly packaging supplies today to get the best products for your e-commerce store.