The e-commerce industry is thriving and quickly becoming oversaturated with sellers. With your e-commerce strategy, the devil’s in the details. Taking care of all facets of the customer experience will make your business stand apart from your competition.
What are the latest trends and developments in e-commerce packaging?
Keep reading for packaging innovations that will upgrade and elevate your business, from eco-friendly packing materials to custom packaging options.
Why Is Packaging So Important?
Wondering what you’ll gain by redefining your packaging strategy? Here are the benefits of investing in innovative packaging solutions:
- Enhancing customer service – your customer will have an improved unboxing experience when opening branded and sustainable packaging. Bold colours and unique designs will wow your customers, and they’ll remember you next time they shop online.
- Sustainability – many packaging companies are focused on meeting consumer demand for sustainable and ethical packaging. By opting for sustainable packaging in your supply chains, you can satisfy this customer demand and rest easy knowing you’re lowering your carbon footprint.
- Product protection – packaging is constantly evolving, and staying on top of the latest trends can help you to better preserve and protect your products during shipment. For instance, you might use VCI packaging to protect your metal products from rust.
Latest Trends For Packaging Supplies
Ready to enhance your packaging strategy? Here are the latest trends to consider when evaluating packaging supplies and companies.
Customers favour brands that go the extra mile to adopt sustainable packaging solutions. Here are some of the latest sustainable innovations in the packaging industry:
- Biodegradable materials – switching out plastics for biodegradable materials helps protect the planet and ensures products can be recycled at the end of their lifecycle.
- Paper-based bubble wrap – switching out bubble wrap for PAPERbubble® paper protection will help reduce the amount of plastic required to protect your products during transit.
- Improved product packaging design – many packaging companies are redesigning their packaging to reduce the amount of raw materials required, saving money and reducing environmental harm.
- Organic packaging – using mushrooms, fungi, and cornstarch is becoming increasingly popular. Not only are these materials biodegradable, but they can be sourced more ethically than paper and plastics.
There are more ways to customize your packaging than ever before. Here are some of the latest trends in custom packaging design:
- Logo – you can incorporate your logo into your packaging design to ensure your customers remember your brand name for their next online shopping session.
- Colour – using bold colours for your custom boxes will help you to stand out from the crowd. Use your brand colours to create a cohesive brand image.
- Instructions – do your packages need special handling, or do they need special opening instructions? Use custom packaging to make sure your items are handled with care.
- Social Media – give your customers your social media so they can follow you after receiving their package and stay updated with your latest product releases.
VCI packaging is becoming increasingly popular for protecting metal products. VCI paper or desiccants create an air barrier around the product to prevent contaminants like oxygen, water, and dirt from touching your product during transit.
Water and oxygen can stimulate the formation of rust for metal products, which will result in dissatisfied customers and increased product returns. Protecting your products with VCI packaging will help you protect your brand image and ensure satisfied customers every time.
Choose The Packaging Company To Access The Latest Packaging Trends
Innovation is driving change in the packaging industry. Packaging trends provide more convenient shipping strategies, easier brand recognition, and more sustainability. Consider which trends above would bring the most value to your shipping strategy.
Ready to adopt innovative packaging supplies? Check out the wealth of cutting-edge packaging solutions at The Packaging Company.