Air Pillows: The Solution to Safe Shipping
Air Pillows, also known as air cushions, are plastic pockets that are filled with air and sealed. They are then used to fill the void in shipping boxes to prevent shifting and provide cushioning for products. If you have recently bought items online, you may have noticed that many companies, both big and small, have made the switch and are now using air pillows in their packaging. Take a look below at what makes air pillows the perfect solution for safe shipping.
Why Use Air Cushions for Packaging?
There are many benefits to using air pillows over other packaging materials such as bubble wrap, packing paper, and packing peanuts. Take a look at the list below to find out why your business should make the switch to air cushions:
- Save Space – Air pillows ship flat and are inflated on-site as needed, saving storage space in your warehouse. Machines are also compact and portable.
- Save Time – Machines can inflate at speeds of up to 10 meters per minute, increasing efficiency and decreasing labor costs. Also, perforated lines make it easy to tear and achieve the desired length of fill.
- Reduce Shipping Costs – Air pillows are an all-in-one solution, customizable pillow sizes and adjustable inflation help save shipping materials by eliminating the need for layering and different materials. Furthermore, air pillows are almost weightless when inflated, leading to decreased shipping costs.
- Reduce Product Damage – Air cushions can reduce product damage by providing reliable padding and protection for your product. Packages that are filled with air pillows effectively restrain products from moving during shipping.
- Increase Customer Satisfaction – Customers will receive their product in perfect condition when packaged with air pillows. Also, they tend to appreciate the mess-free, easy to dispose of packaging solution.
- Environmentally Friendly – Air pillows are typically made from high-density polyethylene (HDPE) which is a recyclable material. A sustainable packaging solution especially compared to traditional packing peanuts.
Air Pillow Machines
There are several different machines that can be used for inflating air pillows, take a look at the air cushion machines that we carry here at The Packaging Company:
The Storopack AIRmove² is the perfect machine for a business with small to medium packaging needs. It is a lightweight, compact, and quiet air cushion machine that can be used to inflate any of the Storopack AIRmove² air pillows. These inflatable pillows come on easy-to-install rolls and are available in three distinct forms (void, cushion, and bubble). These machines are capable of inflating approximately 10 meters of film per minute, increasing the efficiency of your business’s packing process. To shave off even more time, you can purchase a foot pedal or a hand button for easy use.
Fill-Air® RF P40 Portable Inflator
The Fill-Air® RF P40 Portable Inflator is a great air pillow machine for small businesses in particular. This manual pump allows you to inflate just the right amount of packaging for your immediate shipping needs. This machine can be used with any of the Fill-Air® Rapid Fill Bags, which come in a variety of sizes and shapes.
Fill-Air® Flow System with Wall Mount
The Fill-Air® Flow System with Wall Mount is another space-saving, compact air pillow machine that is sure to fill the packaging needs of small and medium-sized businesses alike. This easy-to-use model has a unique 100 bag batch ability and customizable inflation feature, making it an efficient and cost-effective solution for your business.
Need High-Quality Air Pillows for Your Business? Visit The Packaging Company Today!
If you are looking to make the switch to air pillows, contact The Packaging Company today. We offer high-quality packaging materials at affordable prices, and we guarantee our customers satisfaction! Take a look at our full selection of air cushion products today to start saving time and money!